Goal 1: To continue to provide safe and consistent medical care to our patients in Honduras.
Goal 2: To create opportunities for medical student and health professional student development in global health.
- Objective 1.1: Ensure sustainable care to the communities we serve through biannual medical trips during the months of June and December.
- Objective 1.2: Continue to recruit high quality physicians and certified nurse practitioners to serve as trip providers with PODEMOS.
- Objective 1.3: Increase intra-team consistency to maximize time and resources during medical trips by maintaining focus on specific goals.
- Objective 1.4: Strengthen in country relationships with medical providers and supporters
- Objective 1.5: Hire in-country employees who may serve as Community Health Workers (CHW) to serve as liaisons between PODEMOS and other health organizations and ensure sustainability between short term interventions.
- Objective 1.6: Develop effective medical record documentation through personal medical passports.
- Objective 1.7: Develop standards of care and quality indicators to assess our progress in meeting said standards
- Objective 1.8: Long term, develop a clinical facility to serve as a base for medical interventions, a depot for in country supplies and an office location for year round health care provision for Community Health Workers.
Goal 3: Create a financially sustainable organization with the necessary tools to expand the scope of service and make the PODEMOS experience affordable for students and providers.
- Objective 2.1: Continue to make PODMEOS a sought after educational experience by graduate and professional students.
- Objective 2.2: Create new opportunities for formal academic recognition of participation through incorporation into the OSU Global Health Curriculum Certificate Program
Goal 4: Continue to generate high quality academic publications and presentations by developing data about outcomes measures, patient compliance and predictors of health.
- Objective 3.1: Raise funds from diverse sources with the goal of reaching $100,000 dollars in endowment funds by 2015
- Objective 4.1: Encourage summer research by new PODEMOS members, focusing on measures of compliance and health outcomes.
- Objective 4.2: Continue to seek out opportunities to present research
- Objective 4.3: Continue to collaborate with local interests in the development of descriptive data regarding the communities we serve.
- Objective 4.4: Develop strategies to share collected data with the communities we serve to ensure that community members are involved in development of future initiatives.